WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Christmas eve's eve
(pottery by Gary Rith)
You know I am doing this ten day thing, right? Second to last day: 2 smiley faces that describe your life right now!
1) OK, the wife and I? Friday is our 18th anniversary. Christmas eve's eve is our anniversary eve. BUT 19 years ago, 12 months before we got married as it turns out, we were to meet and have a friendly outing at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo. We had known each other for about 3 years by then, never dated or anything, but here we were, meeting up to join the caroling to the animals. I waited..and waited....the seals were happy, but I was getting a bit cold in the rain and cold...and then there she was. I wasn't that soaked and shivering. Not like, with sneezes and shivers. After the zoo, we went to an empty retaurant and sat by their real fireplace and warmed up. And we started dating after that day. As the wife said a minute ago "I was late because I wanted to look nice for you. I don't know why I wanted to look nice for you. We weren't dating then."
But after that? We were :) 19 years of dating! 18 years married tomorrow....
2) other smiley face, describing my life now? You should see this wicked cool skull mug experiment that just came out of the kiln. That makes me smile, gives me more to experiment with in 2011 :)
Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now.
Day Ten: One confession
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- that was New Year's eve's eve....and the best of 2...
- noodles + peanut butter + ketchup
- when Georges met Georgine
- starring Jen Mecca!
- 2 of my ladies....
- babies yesterday, going goth metal today?
- new year new baby!
- UNboxing day, the aftermath....
- Christmas postcard from Etna, NY
- M and G, 12/24/1992-12/24/2010 = 18 years!
- Christmas eve's eve
- Georges Le Soq: probably not on Santa's GOOD LIST...
- putting the POTTERY back in the "pottery blog"
- party with Georges, Jacques, Kerry and Brett....
- more silliness for a Sunday....
- brainless, c'est moi
- the wife tells me all about myself...
- Baby Alex STRIKES AGAIN: the return of Little Dude...
- Dear Santa, eez me, Georges....
- NY city baby...part TWO
- NY city baby...part one....
- I'm on a mission from God....
- sneaking around outside in the dark....
- G00D and plenty
- PENNY = UNDERDOG!!!!!
- like before, and like, AFTER
- have a badazz Christmas....
- I killed it!
- not a blizzard but snowy every day and a badazz mu...
- Charlie Br0wn's Christmas....
- dude is like "cool hat, man"
- God FORBID....
- 3 French wenches, 12 dumpsters and Georges Le Soq'...
- Georges Le Soq and the 12 days of Christmas....
- ▼ December (35)