Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Saturday, January 9, 2016

when cake is just like pottery….




I find baking, aside from the eating aspect, to be just like pottery:  you make things because making is FUN.
You know I have weird dietary habits, so I bake or cook everything.  A sister is visiting and it is her birthday, and LUCKY HER I baked a wee layer cake (excellent gluten-free chocolate cake recipes click here).  I started to write in icing across the top and I was like "dang, this E is BIG!" so, well, her name was improvised….
You will remember last spring I threatened my mom "I am going to steal your egg beater if you don't give it to me" which sounds kind of mean and selfish and abusive, doesn't it?  But it is a helluva tool and my favorite kitchen toy when I was a kid…circa 1960, all steel, tough as nails, made in US! She gave it to me for my birthday….
the oven was hot, so I made some scones too….wowie the house smelled GOOD.
.

2 comments:

Emily SIL said...

Nice photo, BIL! And such a delicious cake! What a nice birthday surprise.

Michèle Hastings said...

Happy Birthday to EM! The cake looks so rich and chocolatey!!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.