Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Thursday, January 28, 2016

mugsmugsmugs…..



HEY!  How about some pots?!  Been awhile, hmm?

I had a message from a pig lover "we need four piggy mugs NOW!" which is the best sort of order, right?
And I have been messing around with this luscious new spring green celadon the last few weeks, as you know, and trying different things with it--I have always used opaque glazes, but this one has a little bit of transparency, which is a very different behavior, and I am getting used to it.  As in, give it texture! Like wee little flowers…that makes the glaze break into the light color…this mug here?  In my hand with tea….

In other news, the beagle wouldn't admit it in so many words, but on cold days she loves to cuddle with the cat...

3 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

The piggy mugs are adorable. We must all have mugs on our mind, I have posted about them too. Then again... don't potters always have mugs on their minds?

Barbara Rogers said...

Lovely piggy mugs, and the celadon continues to look lovely! Penny sure looks guilty!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Who wouldn't want piggy mugs? Those are great!

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.