WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, January 3, 2016
15,000 photos a year…..
Friday we were looking for the wife's knitting thingamabob which had been Spiked (stolen by the cat to play with) and we ended up cleaning under the couch and oven..probably the first time in ten years. (yep, there goes an allergy and asthma attack..) We didn't find what we wanted BUT did find the wife's favorite pen, missing a year, having last been seen on the table next to the sleeping cat….
I am down to sorting and mounting photos. I was surprised to find I had done so 3-4 years ago and was better organized than I imagined. What fun, looking at old snaps…I seem to have been good at getting snaps my whole life, according to this box of albums, but obviously having blogged ten years there have been quite a few to sort recently. (luckily I don't print them all). I had used my last computer about 5 years and had about ten thousand (!!!) photos on it. I take up to 50 a day, right? Which is winnowed down right away. So, basically, if you do the math, before the first edit I take over ten thousand pictures a year….anyway, cleaning all ten thousand remaining pics off the old computer was easier than I thought. I have maybe 80 or 90 actual pics to mount, and saved 350 images to a disk. That's not took bad for five years, is it? As in all my life, the philosophy seems to be "throw the spaghetti at the wall, see what sticks…"
IN other news, I have listed a couple of groovy new mugs at etsy, have a look, start buying now for Valentine's and Easter!
- FLYING LINGERIE: just 2 weeks until V day!!!!!!
- bunny bouquet….
- on the one hand, painted mugs.. on the other, glut...
- gluten-free applesauce cake: no white sugar and s...
- 100 holes punched into my right eye: second glauc...
- "a hint of turquoise"
- speaking of that handle….
- whoa, LONG upper handle...
- glaucoma, sunglasses and new specs, and OH YES new...
- how to make a lamp from SCRATCH
- oh yeah, winter can be beautiful!
- 100 holes in my left eye is better than going blin...
- a tale of 2 vases…or 3….
- Dill, Daisy and Scoop
- "everything's going to be OK…."
- great expectations….
- "if my eye surgeon can ____, then I can fix the ov...
- glaucoma is a B!TCH
- half of 3.3 million bucks...
- "we can be heroes, if just for one day…"
- not exactly bamboo….
- when cake is just like pottery….
- dogs haven't taken over my life….
- CRUSTY… a potter's workplace
- 4 days of winter...
- frozen margaritas delivered to your door….
- holy CATS number 2 in the world...
- 15,000 photos a year…..
- bubbly: not just champagne….
- 2016 seems like a BIG number….
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)