WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, June 20, 2014
"when free isn't cheap enough"
SO, Thursday is this mega-hectic day. I have my own work to finish and Nook to walk downtown and Yogi's family needs last minute care for him. (I am a professional potter AND dog walker)
I can do it all! But I am flippin' beat. I am nearly done with walking Nook and then back to Yogi (and my own dog!) thinking "when I get home I just want to sit in the shade out back and rest a bit...which kitchen chair shall I take out?". And there it is. On the corner, for free, an awesome patio chair.
I try to stuff it into my trunk. No go. Into the backseat? NO. We have a small sedan with a big roof rack, and bungee cords in the trunk ready for just such a moment.... and so, the chair is MINE!
This is a town with people passing through all the time and it is common to just set out stuff on the curb for people to have free... I know, cool, right? That is how I have filled my house and garage with crapppp.... and now the back porch. My neighbor has said "sometimes free isn't cheap enough" .....
In other news, Yogi is like "wow, you let the cat sleep on the kitchen table..."
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- mugshot Monday and MMMMmmmm, oh MY.....
- " boil thou first i' the charmed pot!"
- in which your S3XYHAWT blog host STRIPS DOWN TO *N...
- when words fail you...
- at THE PLAZA....
- PIZZA: it's what's for dinnah...
- Teapot Tuesday and twisted pizzas!
- mug shot Monday!
- ripply green...
- solstice OR midsummer dreaming
- "when free isn't cheap enough"
- a cat coffee cup is a pretty poor dog dish when yo...
- a posse of pitchers...
- teapot Tuesday and a terrrrrrible messsssss....
- mug shot Monday: slice and dice....
- why do I have to keep going back to high school?
- so THAT was Friday the 13th...
- in which I become a FAMOUS AUTHOR
- a dollar or 2 more....
- pitchers: career choices involving baseballs and ...
- a twist on teapot Tuesday
- my mugshot Monday... new favorites!
- Snowbird's Cottage
- starry starry night :)
- gluten-free rice tortillas from the beagle test ki...
- Penny = NO cancer :)
- the IDEAL
- finally: HOT!
- Socca to me!
- a favorite or 2...
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)