WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, June 1, 2014
a favorite or 2...
(pots by Gary Rith drying in the sun...Saturday was a busy day, before a busy week! Friday I am featured artist of the month at Sunny Days Ithaca, party 5-8, then Snowbird Cottage opens Saturday on rte. 79!)
OK, like I say: June 1 = MY FAVORITE day of the year! For upstate NY, where we can have snow October-May, we are guaranteed 3 great months. I tell summer "no hurry, take it easy, no need to rush to September".
I was talking about this yesterday:
I am working with rice flour gluten-free tortilla recipes. At lunch Saturday I tried Bob's red mill basic recipe: 1 cup rice flour, spice and half cup of water. It tasted pretty good in the end, but they failed my test because I found them brittle to form and cook, very difficult to make with a messy end. I am glad they tasted pretty good, but NO WAY will I do those again.
SO, as I said yesterday, I have been working on my own recipe. I made them for Friday dinner, and they tasted very good, but were VERY difficult to cook. So, Saturday you will not not be surprised to find that I made them for mango curry burritos all over again, that tortilla recipe with 4 changes.
They could not have been easier to cook! They tasted very good, were flexible and strong and held the topping easily. SO, they succeeded on all counts. The wife asks "will ya finally post your recipe?" and I am like "I WOULD...but I am still fiddling with the recipe, soooo.... not yet :)"
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- mugshot Monday and MMMMmmmm, oh MY.....
- " boil thou first i' the charmed pot!"
- in which your S3XYHAWT blog host STRIPS DOWN TO *N...
- when words fail you...
- at THE PLAZA....
- PIZZA: it's what's for dinnah...
- Teapot Tuesday and twisted pizzas!
- mug shot Monday!
- ripply green...
- solstice OR midsummer dreaming
- "when free isn't cheap enough"
- a cat coffee cup is a pretty poor dog dish when yo...
- a posse of pitchers...
- teapot Tuesday and a terrrrrrible messsssss....
- mug shot Monday: slice and dice....
- why do I have to keep going back to high school?
- so THAT was Friday the 13th...
- in which I become a FAMOUS AUTHOR
- a dollar or 2 more....
- pitchers: career choices involving baseballs and ...
- a twist on teapot Tuesday
- my mugshot Monday... new favorites!
- Snowbird's Cottage
- starry starry night :)
- gluten-free rice tortillas from the beagle test ki...
- Penny = NO cancer :)
- the IDEAL
- finally: HOT!
- Socca to me!
- a favorite or 2...
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)