WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
time warp Tuesday and a MOP
You remember that Jen runs Time Warp Tuesday, a chance to show your old snaps? This is not too old, just 4-5 years ago. We met Ben and CM at Niagara on the Lake, Ontario, stopping, of course, at the Falls along the way...when I was a kid we lived pretty close to Niagara and visited a lot. People tell you "oh the American side is no good, go to Canada etcetc" and I s'pose the point is that they have a clearer angle on seeing the big Horseshoe Falls from the riverbank. BUT they have all these hotels and crap, who wants to see that? The large part of American riverbank is state park, and yes, across the street from the park Niagara, NY looks kinda shabby and unprosperous compared to Canada BUT, back to the state park.
Go across a small bridge to Goat Island to a whole other COOLER more natural Niagara Falls. YOU ARE STANDING ON A ROCK IN BETWEEN THE FALLS, where this pic was taken, and a gazillion gallons of water is rushing past your feet...it is SO cool, and has a great view of both sides of the Falls. It costs nothing. SO, people who do not know better take along their credit cards and do all the touristy crap, whereas rugged types who get OUT OF THEIR CAR hike around in the woods and see the best side of The Falls and don't spend a penny! There is even a spot on the back of Goat Island we visited--3 small islands in the Niagara River just above Horseshoe Falls...and you can stand in the river....sounds scary, 100 feet above the plunge, and it is awe inspiring, but more tame than it sounds ;)
Yesterday Yogi came over to play with Penny...I was like "Yogi looks like a MOP".
My goodness, the Black Keys were on the radio this morning...oh MY.
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- when it goes up to 97 degrees you bring out the PE...
- fill in the blank: "when a loved one travels_____...
- 29 things I think are AWESOME!
- Time warp Tuesday: Petey and Penny!
- Sammy version 2.0
- so, like I was telling you, we climbed a mountain ...
- 4am, 500 miles, hundreds of feet....
- of cowboys, ponies and barns!
- remember mother's day?
- Time warp Tuesday: mother's edition!
- a tale of 2 vases....and mugs!
- if you want to piss off a cat...
- the prettiest puppies, pussycats, pottery and pota...
- beagles and back to busy business!
- busy business and raining cats and dogs....
- "Gary we have seen your elephant gear before" they...
- Time Warp Tuesday: LIFE AS AN EXTREMELY FAMOUS AT...
- Mother's day promises
- not as muddy as it could be, but more painful...an...
- the last minute SUB goes through hell week in one ...
- the kind of guy who...wears black socks with short...
- why we do this = how we sell it!
- comfort food and...pottery!
- time warp Tuesday and a MOP
- from cinco to May 6...
- C is for: comedic cat.... and Cinco de Mayo!
- when is ARBOR DAY anyhow????
- one couch and one cat
- antidote to a NIGHTMARE
- they PAY ME for this sh!t....
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)