WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, May 2, 2013
antidote to a NIGHTMARE
When I was a kid I loved all the reptiles and amphibians of the world. I had books! Them and dinosaurs. Many a poor frog and snake in the yard was my pet for the day. One fall day when I was about 11 I was messing with a BIG garter snake, a really big one. Like, the great-grandaddy of them all. I knew that you had to hold them behind the head and such, but with harmless garter snakes it never mattered how you grabbed them. Until this big one. It sure DID bite my hand, 2 not very big scratch marks on my thumb taught me to NEVER go near snakes again. A good lesson, hmm? They mind their business and I mind mine. Plus we live in a place where a poisonous snake is highly unlikely.
Last night I dreamt that I was in Africa walking through an area where animals gathered for the zoo were collected before being shipped out. There were hundreds of people and animals everywhere you looked, but there was terrible rain and flooding. The guy in charge ordered them all freed or nothing could be saved, they would all drown in their cages. I was walking through this rainy chaos and saw a rhino released and running away, and down a bit was a man and boy and 5 mambas in cages. I could see that one mamba was hiding under a rock and it struck the man, their handler, badly on the hand. He seemed used to it, and asked the boy to go get the doctor quickly for anti-venom. But he was one of those snake, um, weirdos, and he picked up the snake and was talking to it like a lover "oh, you didn't mean to hurt me did you? we are still friends, right?" and he kissed its head...and the snake went nuts and bit the inside of the man's mouth.... I knew the guy wouldn't survive that....
UGH. The original idea of this blog nearly 7 years ago was a daily post on my 1) dreams, 2) music! and 3) what I am making. I do not post as many dreams as did then...but anyway, this is what I am making! It is a nice pair with a new celadon glaze I am road testing...frog on one, inch worm or SNAKE on the other... a cute antidote to that nightmare eh?
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- when it goes up to 97 degrees you bring out the PE...
- fill in the blank: "when a loved one travels_____...
- 29 things I think are AWESOME!
- Time warp Tuesday: Petey and Penny!
- Sammy version 2.0
- so, like I was telling you, we climbed a mountain ...
- 4am, 500 miles, hundreds of feet....
- of cowboys, ponies and barns!
- remember mother's day?
- Time warp Tuesday: mother's edition!
- a tale of 2 vases....and mugs!
- if you want to piss off a cat...
- the prettiest puppies, pussycats, pottery and pota...
- beagles and back to busy business!
- busy business and raining cats and dogs....
- "Gary we have seen your elephant gear before" they...
- Time Warp Tuesday: LIFE AS AN EXTREMELY FAMOUS AT...
- Mother's day promises
- not as muddy as it could be, but more painful...an...
- the last minute SUB goes through hell week in one ...
- the kind of guy who...wears black socks with short...
- why we do this = how we sell it!
- comfort food and...pottery!
- time warp Tuesday and a MOP
- from cinco to May 6...
- C is for: comedic cat.... and Cinco de Mayo!
- when is ARBOR DAY anyhow????
- one couch and one cat
- antidote to a NIGHTMARE
- they PAY ME for this sh!t....
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)