WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, May 30, 2013
fill in the blank: "when a loved one travels________"
LET'S DO IT AGAIN. I am sitting here composing the haiku and....I can't finish it! Nonono, not because of a blank mind, but TOO MANY possibilities.
Go to comments and add your line!
(as you will recall, the wife was on the road and returned last night)
The wife returned
We shared a glass of joy!
She is still sleeping.
The only good part
When a loved one travels
I was thinking like: "finally somebody comes home and makes the bed" or "you can stay up late and watch FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH or DUMBO!" or even "when you are alone nobody thinks it odd when one day you eat peanut butter sandwiches breakfast lunch dinner and then the next day you eat burritos...breakfast lunch and dinner" or maybe "your friends can come over at odd times and share frosty brews" or lastly "the dog and cat have PLENTY of room in the bed..." (even though the cat still sleeps ON my feet, no matter how uncrowded the bed).
Of course, there is always "it is wonderful when they get home!"
Dig this teapot: I was like "make an ordinary teapot with... A HUGE FLYING PIG ON TOP! Why the heck not :)"
(new pottery by Gary Rith)
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- when it goes up to 97 degrees you bring out the PE...
- fill in the blank: "when a loved one travels_____...
- 29 things I think are AWESOME!
- Time warp Tuesday: Petey and Penny!
- Sammy version 2.0
- so, like I was telling you, we climbed a mountain ...
- 4am, 500 miles, hundreds of feet....
- of cowboys, ponies and barns!
- remember mother's day?
- Time warp Tuesday: mother's edition!
- a tale of 2 vases....and mugs!
- if you want to piss off a cat...
- the prettiest puppies, pussycats, pottery and pota...
- beagles and back to busy business!
- busy business and raining cats and dogs....
- "Gary we have seen your elephant gear before" they...
- Time Warp Tuesday: LIFE AS AN EXTREMELY FAMOUS AT...
- Mother's day promises
- not as muddy as it could be, but more painful...an...
- the last minute SUB goes through hell week in one ...
- the kind of guy who...wears black socks with short...
- why we do this = how we sell it!
- comfort food and...pottery!
- time warp Tuesday and a MOP
- from cinco to May 6...
- C is for: comedic cat.... and Cinco de Mayo!
- when is ARBOR DAY anyhow????
- one couch and one cat
- antidote to a NIGHTMARE
- they PAY ME for this sh!t....
- ▼ May (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)