Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, May 29, 2016

polar bears and poppies...




The wife is not crazy about orange, but because I like big and bright poppies, she grows some for me!  And check out her columbine…..what a little sweetie.

I was dreaming last night that a polar bear came into our house (it is in the 90s here, we have no airco, and the dog likes to sleep at my side..you do the math…). In the dream it was cold and snowy, and he was curious about our living room.  He was very cuddly at first, but rough, like one big friendly swipe of the paw could take off your head, so we needed to trick him OUT of the house….

anyway, all that and some new pots too!

4 comments:

bartster said...

A friend once gave me dried pods from poppy flowers. They make great stamps, I've used some for quite a few years.

Anonymous said...

I have not had any luck growing poppies here. But your pretty fenceline inspires me to try again.

JB said...

We know Columbines as Grannys bonnets. Fab flower, very interesting shape. Wish it would hold better as a cut flower.

smalltownme said...

Ah spring. I love flowers. We have the california-style poppies out here. They were vibrant this spring.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.