Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

dreaming of Christmas....



Not that this has anything to do with this cup up here....one thing I find with faceting pots is that if I don't do it for awhile I have to remind myself how....like speaking Greek:  don't practice and you start to forget!

Had a very moving dream:  the wife and I had bought a small downtown department store, one of those small town independents that so many towns had when we were kids (lost in the Smallmart shuffle now), just a big room with small menswear, women's, childrens, home furnishings on every Main street until the 70s. The stock was probably worthless, but there were several employees and we had high hopes of doing something with the space.

It was the week before Christmas and the employees blew us away:  everybody had modestly brought in their decorations from home, and the store, sad supplies and all, took on a wonderful and heartfelt glow--people would come from all around to marvel at its simple sweetness.  It really gave me hope that in the new year we could make something happen there....

3 comments:

bartster said...

Cool cup and love the dream...I wonder if the dream will be the start of something amazing.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Very cool dream. Sweet cup and saucer too!

Anonymous said...

Write this! It's the plotline for the best kind of holiday novella! I love it--in my mind I pictured the wood floors, the big countertops, the dressing rooms on the sides and high ceilings and YOU and Mrs. TC helpfully assisting all and sundry...

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.