Tuesday, February 7, 2012
a rare look behind the curtain that is me
Hey, I am an award winner, lucky me, and THANKS to GZ, Welsh potter and blogger (ohmygosh, don't you love that, WELSH and A POTTER????) for singling me out and making my day.
I am to do 2 things, I think, like a chain letter. Award other bloggers then list something totally random.
I regret to say, rather than make the recommended list of 5 or the 124 or so blogs I follow, I am going to only award ONE blogger. I have recognized other blogs in the distant past, and choose one that I have not singled out before. (Kasey is totally wacky as you know, but let me introduce somebody new, OK?)
Day by Day with Busy Bee Suz gets my nod. If my criteria for a good blogger was
a) posts frequently--there are some neglected blogs out there b) adds lots of pictures c) is always entertaining d) writes well--I mean, some people have interesting topics but are boring writers and the challenge is to write interestingly about nothing at all e) although it is people's business what they blog, Suz is always positive--I try to be positive on my blog too.
Suz is about exactly my age and has been with her husband about exactly as long as me and the wife have been together. She also, like me, HATES PLASTIC BAGS. So, on the one hand, we have a lot in common, including houses full of dogs and cats. But then, she is also a parent and I am not...of a college student and high schooler. As a grown child myself, I am amazed at how other people my age can have kids...who are adults too! But it happens.
Anyway, Suz is a sweetie pie, and unique in the blogging world for her kindness and her fun posts.
OK, random something about me, part 2 of winning here?
Shall I be honest? I heard Woody Allen on the radio the other day, saying "people think that because they see an artist's work, they KNOW him" and boy, do I understand that. In Woody's case, he goes on to say "people think I am this intellectual living in Greenwich Village. Really, I live in a nice apartment on the upper east side, I flunked out of college and I like to watch sports. I was very athletic when I was young..." and you're like "Woody Allen was an ATHLETE?".
In my case, I put myself out there on this blog as some kind of freewheeling and friendly socialite--and I am, behind the keyboard. The truth is, I am, well, from my side, painfully shy and severely agoraphobic. It has been true my whole life. I have a very hard time with new people and new places and have an anxiety attack whenever somebody is coming over or I have to go somewhere new. I am trying to face this more now than I have before and get out a bit. So on the one hand, I may seem friendly, but on the other hand, I am a bit like Charlie Brown talking to Lucy in the Christmas show, where he discovers he has ALL THE PHOBIAS......
There. A rare look behind the curtain that is me. Cooked up a mess of pots yesterday, have a quick look at the before and after, alright? Lots of cats and Godzillas in there indeed....
- December (6)
- November (31)
- October (31)
- September (31)
- August (32)
- July (29)
- June (31)
- May (30)
- April (30)
- March (31)
- February (28)
- January (31)
- December (30)
- November (33)
- October (32)
- September (33)
- August (32)
- July (32)
- June (36)
- May (37)
- April (34)
- March (37)
- one fact and one dream, chapter, um, 4, 5 or 6: w...
- killer guac indeed....
- a mermaid's dream: the ultimate aquarium castle!
- my most absolute favorite book EVER
- we are very big in Japan.....
- wherever you look? CATS!
- why YES, i dress to match my pets....
- Godzilla takes on this teapot after Tokyo.....
- shark attack, oh noooooooo....!
- Godzilla comes OVER and the cats take OVER.....
- that's me, doing the Zoolander pout and making the...
- Michelle was like "I got all this HAIR IN YOUR EAR...
- Saturday too blingin' early but here I am ....
- pasta fool? pasta fazooly??????? pasta fagioli?
- time to be thinking: BUNNIES and Easter.....
- no Heffalumps today....
- is your idea of a romantic dinner bean burritos???...
- Buster Boo 1999-2012
- one dream and one fact, LITERALLY! we need YOU tod...
- walking in that winter wonderland, or hey, anybody...
- monster Sunday....
- cats cats cats cats and more cat mugs!
- the s3xiest thing you have seen in your life is: ...
- heads or....???
- guac and ROLL...
- Benji is like George Clooney, except a lot more ha...
- a rare look behind the curtain that is me
- a final reflection on recent events....
- while you are watching the super bowl, some of us ...
- going that one step further...with the cats.....
- The most moist mole a$$e$ muffins EVER
- cat mugs, version 7.0, 8.0 or something like that....
- of GODZILLA dragons and GINORMOUS cats....
- holy cats, 20 years ago TODAY!
- Garyzilla strikes again! And one fact and one drea...
- January (44)
- December (31)
- November (32)
- October (38)
- September (30)
- August (36)
- July (32)
- June (32)
- May (30)
- April (37)
- March (43)
- February (38)
- January (34)
- December (35)
- November (35)
- October (32)
- September (45)
- August (47)
- July (45)
- June (52)
- May (76)
- April (65)
- March (60)
- February (62)
- January (62)