WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
As some of you know, we had below zero temps for a few days and half of our water pipes froze. The house is 150 years old and nicely restored and the basement is not too scary. Actually, the original part of the house has the monster sized furnace and is always temperate, and that is where most of our pipes are. But the studio additon is younger, about 70 years old, and not as solid or as well insulated. It was the studio pipes that froze. Those pipes go out from the main basement in a cleverly built tube which has its own heat vent. Super smart, having the pipes warmed by extra hot air from the furnace, but something went wrong. If we ever have extended below zero temps I will leave the tap running, but nothing had frozen in 5 years.
Anyway, you cannot get at the pipes without tearing something apart, but there is that nasty hole in the wall pictured there. So I devised a clever hair-dryer-light gizmo on a ski and slid it into the hole and dang, can you belive, I got things thawed properly???
Clever: c'est moi :)
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- lapin, lapin, lapin: year of the RABBIT
- rock OUT
- a wee warm fuzzy
- misbehavior and misdemeanors.....
- the gizmo
- BIGFOOT, c'est moi
- talking about BLISS...
- wherein the wife goes out of town, Spike goes all ...
- even when the wife is out of town she STILL steals...
- the wife goes to Kansas and....
- NINJA KITTEH kicks some yarn in the azz.....
- extreme bliss
- STILL stinky
- crispy fritters with a crispy critter
- American Chop Suey made VEG by a rude French Sock ...
- "CM looks like a movie star..."
- Holy cats!
- "my job is very boring I'M AN OFFICE CLERK!"
- how do you draw yourself?
- BADAZZ baking with Georges and Georgine....
- partying with 2 cats, several chickens, Benji and ...
- sometimes I have to steal my kisses from you.....
- the wife's belly
- back in the saddle, or drawer, again....
- lucky new year
- tea party with Christi, Georges Le Soq, Kasey, Pe...
- wait till the wife sees THIS
- Emily kitty had 99 lives: 1994-2011
- I wouldn't trust this guy....
- badass tall teapot
- old and new.....
- 2010: was it the Year of the Sock Monkey?
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2010 (616)