Gary's Third Pottery Blog
"I'll light the fire, you place the flowers in the vase that you bought today." --CSNY
Sunday, January 16, 2011
American Chop Suey made VEG by a rude French Sock Monkey
I dreamt overnight that I burned corn bread when I was baking it. In the dream I was a college student trying to put the moves on this girl and I forgot the corn bread I was baking and she was UNimpressed.
Speaking of the kitchen, last night my rotton French sock monkey Georges Le Soq volunteers to make one of my favorite dishes. He is like
"ees easy, American chop suey, but we do it, how you say, VEGAN, because you so picky and healthy, Gary" and I am like
"I AM picky and healthy, abut unlike you, I don't smell bad" but I don't think he heard me, he was in the fridge.
If you are talking ziti bake vs. American chop suey, because they are similar, the chop suey is easier and moister and gooier---therefore better to my mind.
Vegan American Chop Suey
-cook 8oz noodles as directed
-chop and sautee veggies, like an onion, bell pepper, and we added carrots, but mushrooms or whatever all work
-sautee veggies, like ten minutes, until things seem tender, toss in these frozen BOCA burger bits plus oregano, pepper, hot pepper etc, stir around for a minute
-add 28 oz can of diced or crushed tomatos and 8 oz tomato sauce, simmer about 15 minutes while you have that glass of wine and conversation with the wife
-add cooked pasta to sauce and stir, then stir in some of that fake cheese or real cheese if you prefer
As Georges was saying "wicked tasty mon ami" and it is :)
I am working on mug styles, these look pretty nice....
The wife likes the Stereophonics...mmm...why not?
- ► 2015 (186)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- lapin, lapin, lapin: year of the RABBIT
- rock OUT
- a wee warm fuzzy
- misbehavior and misdemeanors.....
- the gizmo
- BIGFOOT, c'est moi
- talking about BLISS...
- wherein the wife goes out of town, Spike goes all ...
- even when the wife is out of town she STILL steals...
- the wife goes to Kansas and....
- NINJA KITTEH kicks some yarn in the azz.....
- extreme bliss
- STILL stinky
- crispy fritters with a crispy critter
- American Chop Suey made VEG by a rude French Sock ...
- "CM looks like a movie star..."
- Holy cats!
- "my job is very boring I'M AN OFFICE CLERK!"
- how do you draw yourself?
- BADAZZ baking with Georges and Georgine....
- partying with 2 cats, several chickens, Benji and ...
- sometimes I have to steal my kisses from you.....
- the wife's belly
- back in the saddle, or drawer, again....
- lucky new year
- tea party with Christi, Georges Le Soq, Kasey, Pe...
- wait till the wife sees THIS
- Emily kitty had 99 lives: 1994-2011
- I wouldn't trust this guy....
- badass tall teapot
- old and new.....
- 2010: was it the Year of the Sock Monkey?
- ▼ January (34)
- ► 2010 (616)