Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Pigs!




I saw my first potter made piggy in the late 80s, and started to make my own…a bottle turned on its side, turned into a piggy!  I made so many of them in the 90s and early zeros that I made my logo the pot and pig, a drawing I do of a  piggy making a pot.  I still love pigs.  And selling piggy banks is easy! I don't make so many as before…

ANYWAY, I have been fiddling around, wanting a new pink glaze.  It looks superb.  So I made some pigs and delivered them to SunnyDays in Ithaca yesterday, such an awesome shop….go there and get yourself a pig!

And my tomatoes are at that point when literally every time I walk past them I pluck off a few more, that is SO cool :)

3 comments:

Michèle Hastings said...

I get often get asked for pink piggy banks. Since I don't have a pink glaze, I send them your way!

Summer said...

I love my blue spotted piggy bank I got from you fiercely!

smalltownme said...

Perfect pigs and perfect tomatoes, you are on a roll.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.