WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, February 14, 2016
ten below zero F outside: cold weather, warm hearts…?
Some people hate Valentine's day. Maybe they are widowed, single, divorced, bitter and twisted or married to an *ssh*le. Or maybe it is a dozen years of grocery store flowers and waxy chocolate in heart boxes...
We passed through the grocery store yesterday and the whole front produce area was given over to plastic wrapped flowers and waxy chocolates in heart boxes, and the people were SHOPPING. Do the people have no imagination????? MY CUSTOMERS do :) Which is probably why they buy and give my pots, and I am adding these panda mugs to my etsy shoppe now, on special! (unless you live nearby, you are too late and need to get them for the next birthday, right?)
ANYWAY, I love Valentine's Day, as I love most holidays that give me a chance to pass out gifts to milady. I was counting…we had just gotten together in Feb. of '92…so that makes 25 Valentine's Days in a row. I do not think I ever resorted to grocery store flowers and waxy chocolates….and I SWEAR that if I give her a bottle of my favorite booze and some heavy metal CDs that I wanted that I probably also remembered to give her something she might like ;)
- my mugshot Monday..
- sweet potato lasagna, GAWDAMN that is good :)
- "If you're not failing…"
- What Adele and Trump have in common
- probably best to start the day with a friendly fro...
- emerald flowers on Teapot Tuesday…..
- dreams of one kind or another….
- Even if it is NOT Mugshot Monday…. you can still p...
- a sickly cat...
- that shell sure does get around…..
- something fishy….
- just toss a couple of items in a blender and HUZZA...
- Beagles and corgis and frogs and dragons, OH MY!
- 8 loaves of bread, a 3 1/2 legged dog and an aweso...
- ten below zero F outside: cold weather, warm heart...
- OK, so you missed Valentine's, but Easter is comin...
- gluten-free brownie bites, beagles and other assor...
- Godzillamonsterdinosaurdragon teapot
- truth in advertising
- Frogs for mugshot Monday!
- Super WHAT?
- are turtles anything but kindly?
- loving little boxes
- an utterly ordinary day...
- here be dragons….
- 55 and a mosquito...
- ▼ February (29)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)