WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, February 22, 2016
dreams of one kind or another….
This cup and saucer up here? I was dreaming the other night and this came to me so I had to make it…related to other pots I have made before, but still, I am very pleased.
Speaking of dreams: I was deeply asleep just now and dreamt I was teaching high school again, and was talking with other teachers abut how you have to wear your badass-take-no-nonsense hat when you teach high schoolers…good golly, I am so glad I am not a teacher anymore! I wouldn't mind teaching ESL adults or pottery, but kids….nooooooooo!!!!!! I mean, I retired before cell phones, what are classrooms like these days?
Finally, as for dreams, we had a dreamy trip to Rochester, NY yesterday, about 100 miles from us and 1:40 min. drive. I had lived there many many years ago and it is a totally groovy city.
I'll be honest with you here: we need to move into town (presumably Ithaca, but read on) in the next few years. I can still drive with glaucoma because my central vision is good, but glaucoma makes night driving nearly impossible and since the vision loss is to the sides, well, it is like driving with blinders on (think of horses in a parade with little flaps at their eyes so they don't get spooked by what is to their sides). You can't see the sides very well, and it only gets worse.
ANYWAY, so I need to live in town, like Ithaca, but we got to thinking: University of Rochester has one of the best medical schools and hospitals in the world and an excellent eye institute with a whole dept. for glaucoma. None of my treatments has succeeded in slowing down the progress of my case of glaucoma so far, and although I have excellent care in Ithaca, I wonder if I don't need one of the best hospitals in the world. A whole STAFF dedicated to keeping what vision I have.
You'd think about it too, wouldn't you?
Especially if you started house hunting there and found prices absolutely dead cheap compared to Ithaca….probably because although Ithaca is snowy (we have none right now) Rochester gets impossibly large quantities of snow, as you see…..
- my mugshot Monday..
- sweet potato lasagna, GAWDAMN that is good :)
- "If you're not failing…"
- What Adele and Trump have in common
- probably best to start the day with a friendly fro...
- emerald flowers on Teapot Tuesday…..
- dreams of one kind or another….
- Even if it is NOT Mugshot Monday…. you can still p...
- a sickly cat...
- that shell sure does get around…..
- something fishy….
- just toss a couple of items in a blender and HUZZA...
- Beagles and corgis and frogs and dragons, OH MY!
- 8 loaves of bread, a 3 1/2 legged dog and an aweso...
- ten below zero F outside: cold weather, warm heart...
- OK, so you missed Valentine's, but Easter is comin...
- gluten-free brownie bites, beagles and other assor...
- Godzillamonsterdinosaurdragon teapot
- truth in advertising
- Frogs for mugshot Monday!
- Super WHAT?
- are turtles anything but kindly?
- loving little boxes
- an utterly ordinary day...
- here be dragons….
- 55 and a mosquito...
- ▼ February (29)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)