Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Monday, June 8, 2015

I am NOT suffering....



You know the wife is on the road for a few days.  I am getting things done, quite busy in this awesome weather....
I was wandering the internet the other day wondering "is there is a good gluten-free YEAST-free pizza crust out there?" and there IS indeed (click here).  I was so pleased, some stirring and chopping and half an hour later HUZZAH! Tasty pizza...wicked tasty...the only change I made to her recipe (click here) was to prebake for 12 minutes, add toppings, then back in for another 18 minutes. ****

In other news, speaking of dogs on mugs....have an awesome Monday!


(new pottery by Gary Rith)

****
no yeast gluten-free pizza--recipe (click here) with my changes

Ingredients:
1 Cup gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all-purpose flour)
1/4 Cup potato flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free potato flour)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder (I used Bob’s Red Mill aluminum free baking powder)
1 large egg
1/2 Cup milk (I used soymilk and it was fine)
1/8 Cup olive oil
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a pizza pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and whisk lightly until well combined.
In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together egg, milk, and oil.  Take note of how much liquid there is.  You need one cup of total liquid so if you need more, add extra milk.  Slowly add the liquid into the dry ingredients.  Stir rapidly with a wooden spoon until well combined.
Place dough into pan with some olive oil poured on top.  Work gently with hands to spread evenly on bottom of the pan.  (10-12 inches wide, depending on how thick you like your crust) Bake 12 minutes, remove and top with desired toppings.  Place on top rack of oven and bake until dough is crisp and golden and cheese is melted, about 18 minutes more, a total baking time about 30 minutes.
I used spinach, broccoli, red pepper, Helen's Kitchen carnitas (vegan spicy "meat") and soy cheese.

2 comments:

Lori Buff said...

That looks and sounds delicious. I’ll bookmark it for when I have to make gluten free pizza for friends.

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Looks great. I haven't had much luck with the bob's red mill GF flour I've bought here. I'm not sure why as I have other friends who love it. All of the bags I've bought have had a very strange taste and color. The potato flour is an interesting idea. I have an old pizza recipe from my mom that doesn't use yeast that I'll have to try to convert.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.