WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Sunday, January 18, 2015
thrilling and amazing your guests with homemade chocolates....
I came across a recipe last month to make chocolate covered nuts: warm up some chocolate, toss in the nuts, stir, drop spoonfuls onto parchment paper DONE.
Then this week I came across another recipe, this one for chocolate dipped clementines! It would work for any fruit, like dried apricots, or fresh strawberries or even dipping in shortbread or pretzels, etc:
-peel 4 clementines, section
-chop some pistachios or other nuts
-warm 4 ozs. dark chocolate in a double boiler: in this case, a small bowl or baking dish set into a saucepan with a little water, boil the water, turn heat down, stir chocolate as it melts, remove from heat
-dip sections of clementine in there, lay them all out on the paper, sprinkle with nuts, cool, EAT!
I knew there would be extra chocolate in the dish, so I had cashews at the ready and tossed them into the leftover chocolate, stirred, then dropped them onto paper too---two different chocolates at once!
THEN people came over and were blown away, saying twas the best chocolate in TOWN. But it is so easy to do!
- ► 2016 (324)
- January is a four letter word...
- "man are you DUMB"
- so bad you have to have fun...
- Teapot Tuesday, a wily bank heist or 2 and a few i...
- Spike cat poses for his MUGSHOT (Monday!)
- 15 + years and no....?
- this is why and what I blog
- these are the last pitchers for ...well, a couple ...
- pouring pitchers and p!ss!ng!
- teapot on teapot action for Teapot Tuesday!
- hippos and crocs, dogs and cats....mugshot Monday!...
- thrilling and amazing your guests with homemade ch...
- Get an exorcist!
- this is what ten below looks like....and why 25 se...
- "Gawdammit Mickey, get OUTTA MY BED"
- pitcher LOVE
- mug shot Monday: struck with an idea or 2....
- If these mugs are nice, you should see the blue on...
- those bunnies are bigger than my beagle....
- a tale of two teapots: first of twenty fifteen!
- visit ME!
- ROUGH BEHAVIOR: new year, new dishes
- the six year old apprentice....
- start the new year in the RED
- New Year's resolution scorecard: ZERO
- 2015: NEW YEAR RESOLUTION
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)