WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Friday, April 26, 2013
when HATE comes to town
America is sick. You get this whole bizarro world "health care is bad, guns are good" mentality. I heard conservatives described as "pugilistic" yesterday and that describes them well: there may not be as many as you think because they are so LOUD and exert so much influence. Why? Is it growing up watching Hollywood westerns and Daniel Boone, we are supposed to be a country of rugged types out shooting squirrels to feed the women folk? Or is it like the band NWA said 20 some years ago "FEAR OF A BLACK PLANET"?
Anyway, there is an apartment building on the corner with about 10-12 units. It is not a very nice building. Many of the units are section 8, gov't subsidized housing, and some residents are black and some white. The city of Ithaca is 5 miles to our west and is a cosmopolitan community. A small version of Boston. BUT the surrounding hills are full of country people with a very different view of the world.
Last week these rock and rollers moved into that apartment building, "Joan Jett", her teen daughter and husband. I do not know if they are on gov't subsidized housing programs, receiving a check from the US to pay their rent. They are country heavy metal types in appearance. When I saw their car yesterday I was like "Ah HA, the Ted Nugent type of country heavy metal types". You KNOW I snapped a pic of their car. I wonder what the black people in that building think of them....
Cleanse the palate by looking at my cute tiles. Helen was like "I need new coasters for my new place! Like, esp. Godzilla for little Sebastian!"
(Coasters by Gary Rith)
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- Time Warp Tuesday: it was 20 years ago today...
- the GLUTEN-free and VEGAN fascists....
- when SPRING springs...
- "oh yeah, they say there is a baseball museum arou...
- when HATE comes to town
- little pitchers have big ears...
- talking about EXTRAORDINARILY cute....
- Time warp Tuesday: 17, annnnnd....
- "the guild of chimney sweepers...and potters"
- peanut butter....pizza?
- "you cut off half my head!"
- BAKED cats and dogs....
- shockingly warm spring day
- Calzones: Gary's killer kalzones REvisited!
- Time warp Tuesday: TRIPS.
- so, yeah, we went to NYC
- can you GUESS?
- Ravioli PIE, Gary style, and a MYSTERY
- "he looks like Snuffleuppagus!"
- THE END.....
- speaking of cats....and blueberry muffins...
- Time warp Tuesday: ancient birthday edition!
- feeding the BEAST....
- a CELEBRITY chef...
- now don't get all preachy on us....
- birthday week = NEW TOYS!
- HUGE chunks or why does everybody want to get in b...
- photo DUMP
- Time Warp Tuesday: Tomb Raider Time!!!!
- Puff piece, Puffy the cat and Puff pancakes...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)