WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Monday, April 8, 2013
feeding the BEAST....
As we neared the end of THAT ordeal I tantalize my 2 pals
"when I get home, I shall slice and roast 2 sweet potatoes, mash up some guac, then me and the wife will make tortillas"
Stev0 and Raymundo are like "oh geez, that sounds GOOD" and I continue
"The wife and I like to make tortillas together. One person can make them, of course, but with 2 people I get to operate the hot pan and she has the rolling pin, forming and flattening the dough....mostly I get to sip wine and make sure they aren't burning...."
and Ray and Stev0 are like
"OH GOSH now you're making us hungry!" and I go on
"well, have you got an avocado at home?" and Stev0 did but Raymundo is like
"NO, It's just me and Scoop the cat....I wonder what we will have for dinner....and we already had tuna for lunch...." I doubt if Scoop the cat would mind tuna again....
Next time Raymundo or YOU can make your own tortillas too! ***
Speaking of feeding the BEAST, the wife and I continue to cat sit sweet little Puffy...who is lonely, poor thing... I play with her until she is panting with exhaustion and boredom and climbs up on the table to stare out the window and relax....
Homemade tortillas, again!
--we diced 2 small sweet potatoes, put them into a pyrex dish with a little hot oil and spice and roasted them about 40 minutes
--the guac is the usual--mash an avocado with lime juice and MY SECRET INGREDIENT or if you do not know what that is, various spices and hot sauces....add diced tomato
those were the only 2 fillings needed for this yummy yummy big pair of burritos
--tortillas: 4 good sized ones
--stir in a bowl 1.5 cup flour, 2 TBS oil, dash of salt and 1/2 cup of water, then knead it on the counter, making sure it is not too sticky or too hard, divide into 4
--warm up a fry pan to medium high--no oil or anything needed
--with your hands and rolling pin, flatten out a tortilla, place carefully into the hot pan--flip every 30 seconds or so, letting it get crisp and seared on each side with awesome toasted bits, then fold a towel over it and start the next!
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- Time Warp Tuesday: it was 20 years ago today...
- the GLUTEN-free and VEGAN fascists....
- when SPRING springs...
- "oh yeah, they say there is a baseball museum arou...
- when HATE comes to town
- little pitchers have big ears...
- talking about EXTRAORDINARILY cute....
- Time warp Tuesday: 17, annnnnd....
- "the guild of chimney sweepers...and potters"
- peanut butter....pizza?
- "you cut off half my head!"
- BAKED cats and dogs....
- shockingly warm spring day
- Calzones: Gary's killer kalzones REvisited!
- Time warp Tuesday: TRIPS.
- so, yeah, we went to NYC
- can you GUESS?
- Ravioli PIE, Gary style, and a MYSTERY
- "he looks like Snuffleuppagus!"
- THE END.....
- speaking of cats....and blueberry muffins...
- Time warp Tuesday: ancient birthday edition!
- feeding the BEAST....
- a CELEBRITY chef...
- now don't get all preachy on us....
- birthday week = NEW TOYS!
- HUGE chunks or why does everybody want to get in b...
- photo DUMP
- Time Warp Tuesday: Tomb Raider Time!!!!
- Puff piece, Puffy the cat and Puff pancakes...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)