WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Time warp Tuesday: TRIPS.
and my first thought is "Syracuse has sh!tty weather".
Only people NORTH of Syracuse think Syracuse has nice weather. We live a short hour's drive south and get half as much snow on average...them being closer to Lake Ontario makes all the difference, but considering how much snow we get? It is nice to be able to point at somebody else and say "haha, they get more snow than us!" It snowed quite heavily HERE Sunday morning, as you see below, but then nearly 70 yesterday...and the ticks are suddenly EVERYWHERE dangit.
This is what I would tell my California friend's son: "Syracuse has tremendously AWESOME theater, writing and arts programs, BUT NYC, Boston and Ithaca (Cornell) are farrrrrr more fun college cities. All are cold to COLDER compared to Cali, but I would LOVVVVVvvvve to have you here with us in Ithaca :)"
Speaking of trips, you know we were in NYC on the weekend, which is about a 4-5 hour bus ride south (bus rides can be FAST, 75 mph all the way home the other evening, less than 4 hours!). Last summer cousin Michele asks "where do you guys like to go on vacation?" and we were stumped. WE NEVER go on vacation, like other people do, as in, a week at the beach or mountains, NEVER. First of all, we live in paradise and why would we want to go anywhere else? 2nd, we have NO MONEY. None! I think people who go to Jamaica in the winter must have VERY HIGH credit card debt, whereas, again, we have none! No money but no debt...and of course, other than being broke and living in paradise, I really don't like to go anywhere. Well, as you see, the wee day trips. SO, if you were married to me, you would have to realize that it is BURRITOS AT HOME and a beer on the back deck in summer if you are looking for good times....
This pic? I hate camping with an intense passion. Why in hell did humanity spend centuries inventing ROOFS and double pane windows and microwave ovens and FLUSH TOILETS if you think RELAXING means going out into the bug infested woods to sleep... I love the woods. I love it more than anyone. But it should stay right where it is, undisturbed by me.
I got out of college, long fuzzy hair and all, and went camping at Cranberry Lake in northern NY's Adirondack Mtns. It is beautiful. You canoe out, miles from anyone, and can have an island the size of a backyard all to yourself. I am glad that I had so much fun camping in such a pretty place then, because I have been successful in sleeping inside ever since :)
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- Time Warp Tuesday: it was 20 years ago today...
- the GLUTEN-free and VEGAN fascists....
- when SPRING springs...
- "oh yeah, they say there is a baseball museum arou...
- when HATE comes to town
- little pitchers have big ears...
- talking about EXTRAORDINARILY cute....
- Time warp Tuesday: 17, annnnnd....
- "the guild of chimney sweepers...and potters"
- peanut butter....pizza?
- "you cut off half my head!"
- BAKED cats and dogs....
- shockingly warm spring day
- Calzones: Gary's killer kalzones REvisited!
- Time warp Tuesday: TRIPS.
- so, yeah, we went to NYC
- can you GUESS?
- Ravioli PIE, Gary style, and a MYSTERY
- "he looks like Snuffleuppagus!"
- THE END.....
- speaking of cats....and blueberry muffins...
- Time warp Tuesday: ancient birthday edition!
- feeding the BEAST....
- a CELEBRITY chef...
- now don't get all preachy on us....
- birthday week = NEW TOYS!
- HUGE chunks or why does everybody want to get in b...
- photo DUMP
- Time Warp Tuesday: Tomb Raider Time!!!!
- Puff piece, Puffy the cat and Puff pancakes...
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)