Thursday, September 8, 2011
Hurricane Lee has been messing with us, and dumping on us, and there are wicked floods all over central New York. We have a pretty little river behind our house, and suddenly it has come up several feet in depth and is over the usual banks and spreading. Our house is pretty high, and we are keeping our fingers crossed. It is worse for many people downriver from us, as the land is low and flat in spots further down...this pic from last night, gonna get more pics today....and don't we have some cute pots here too??????
**update later---the river is up to the edge of our yard, higher than ever before, but our house should remain dry....the sheriff has closed all the roads and ordered cars off the roads
****another update, at 11 am---we are personally still dry, the sun is out, the sheriff has re-opened roads :)
- ► 2015 (204)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- le weekend looms ahead....
- SPIKE gets crafty, do YOU????
- "when I think of Gary, I think........"
- question for YOU! (like, was I commando?)
- tales from a perfect weekend....
- behave this weekend.....
- a hawt and spicy evening.....a reflection on men a...
- letters to .......
- please TELL ME about your own bad self....
- days of wine and....kittens....
- golden sunshine
- wine + great weather = :)
- boring you to tears.....the cholesterol talk...and...
- and suddenly....
- enormously cute
- cats, dragons and zebras.....
- FRANZ the FRIENDLY turtle....
- ten years ago...
- my BRILLIANT idea
- back to normal-ish!
- flooding, hopefully, going down....
- eNORMOUS flooding!
- huge FLOOD!
- good things
- mega-kitchen MONDAY!
- not buttery colored, more buttercup colored....
- I was gabbing while the wife was working
- me, spokesman!
- go cute or don't go at all :)
- yo ho ho....
- ▼ September (30)
- ► 2010 (616)