(new pottery by Gary Rith)
A couple of years ago I wanted to find a recipe for muffins not just baked with jam in the middle, but also with peanut butter. I got a very good recipe, but found that just using a muffin pan without papers could result in jam all over, and I also found that yogurt (in my case, soy yogurt) makes a more firm batter, much easier to cover the pb and j inside. PLUS I hate how so many recipes have you pulling every bowl out of the cupboard and dirtying it. I like to bake with one bowl, just adding ingredients, when possible, so here is the recipe as I have experimented and rewritten. It IS AWESOME and healthy and you figure kids love it.
Pb and j muffins
Preheat to 400, line 12 muffin tin with papers—this is KEY
In large mixing bowl, stir 1 egg, 1 cup yogurt and
¼ cooking oil—stir stir stir.
Add one cup whole wheat flour, ¾ cup white flour,
¼ cup sugar, 4 teaspoon baking powder, stir stir stir.
Spoon about 1 tbs mixture onto othe bottom of every muffin
Paper. Spoon jam onto that then spoon peanut butter onto
That. You want to use a lot but don't, be careful, more than a
small spoonful bakes into a mess.
Top each muffin with the remainder of the batter, smooth
Batter to cover jam and pb. Bake about 15-16 minutes
Until golden looking, remove muffins and cool on rack, yum!
WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Gallery 41 Owego, NY August 17 and Sept. 7. Cooperstown Art Association "Earth, Wind, Fire" New York Invitational August 22-Sept 20.. Six Mile Creek Winery Harvest Fest September 13. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2013-2014
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
peanut butter and jam muffins revisited....
- ► 2014 (228)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- true story! beagle eats a dead frog haiku
- twas the artist market.....:)
- The true story of Eric the almost-hobo....
- there is always room for more peanut butter in you...
- peanut butter and jam muffins revisited....
- KICK AZZ starring SPIKE the cat and the EVIL shoe ...
- Jen comes OVER...from Carolina!
- apple sauce! the computer kind....
- burning up.....
- 96+ degrees in the shade, real hot in the shade......
- MORE raspberries and rabbits :) moremoremore!
- days of raspberries and rabbits.....
- my name is Gary and I am a fruitaholic
- beagle bagel!
- beaucoup biking
- 3 hair doos
- back to school shoes....
- I dreamt my dog swam for bananas...
- Christi comes over....
- you probably need....
- gettin' it onto THE POTS
- a whole lotta shorts
- adorable is a big word these days.....
- "the more I practice the luckier I get"
- a grand day out to the grocery with a grand gal.....
- about beagles and berries....
- skinny legs and all....
- I dunno, grilled bananas for Bastille Day?????
- beauty and the beast
- CHUCK IS A CHICK?
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2010 (616)