WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, November 3, 2016
dragon cookie jars...
(traditionally, the Chinese and other east Asian potters loved throwing dragons on pots!)
First, speaking of RED, look at our little Japanese maples and the totally last maples in our back yard…we have NEVER gotten into November with all this color…I mean, it was like 70+ degrees, lovely, a terrific and lovely fall, and the Cubs won!
OK now, you know I have made many green dragons on things, and last week I tried it in red (like the Welsh flag!) and the result is very striking and attracting a lot of interest…so I am trying MANY dragon items in red! Here are 2 cookie jars, the red finished one is a lot smaller than the unfired one, actually.
- LAST POST! Blogger changed things and it is a nuis...
- dragons and snow...
- a foot of snow….
- it was HOT while it lasted….
- dragons and skulls...
- flying dragon redux….
- an uptick in dragon futures….
- flying dragons!
- musings upon bullying and fear….
- green on green!
- dreaming of fish mugs...
- Whoa, this has never happened before...
- Cute dogs and pots may not save the world, but the...
- just plain AWFUL
- Talk about a "Day of Infamy"….
- c'mon, America
- dragon goblets!
- red dragon mugs, dragon bowls….
- dragon cookie jars...
- better to dream it than live it..sometimes...
- a little more….
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)