Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"GULL, not seagull..."




I don't remember a HOT stretch of weather in September like this one, and the last day of the month was, like, WOWIE!!!  75-80 and sunny... the wife and I had a chance to go to Stewart Park on Cayuga Lake for a picnic.....we had company.  Somebody once corrected the wife "no, it is a lake, there is no SEA here, they are gulls, not seagulls" and its like "lady, pompous and stuckup mean the same thing too".



Look at our backyard, can you believe it? Oh my, the colors....


And, well, Spike :)

7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

That's a cute shot of the back of your heads looking at the lake. Yep, gulls are all across the country...but I add sea to their name, it's their's after all.

Michèle Hastings said...

Beautiful fall colors! We won't have any for a few weeks yet.
I have always call them sea gulls even when I saw them around the dump in Nashua, NH... excuse me, "landfill", I need to be politically correct :-)

Lori Buff said...

Maybe it's a sea gull on vacation at the lake.

smalltownme said...

Beautiful photos and if that's your hot stretch of weather I want to be there, because we are crispy brown and tinder dry here. But maybe I need to stay home to spray the hose on any potential forest fires.

Homer says to tell Spike that he has regained too much weight and now has to diet. And he's only 18 pounds (but that is almost 6 pounds gained in a few months).

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a lovely place for a picnic. Gull, seagull? Whats the difference? Geography??? LOL

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Yeah, I was corrected on the Gull Seagull thing too. Apparently there are pompous beach people down here too.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

Oh the colors! The geography lessons! :)

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.