Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Sunday, December 30, 2012

a reason to be PIGGY!



Claudia is talking cranberry nut bread which she made and which is GORGEOUS and tasty, and that got me thinking and searching for a recipe like it, sans dairy and egg, and HOLY CATS did I come across a lovely recipe!  I am one of those persons who fills the freezer in the fall with cranberries and no plans....and they always get used in delicious ways like this...I bet this recipe goes well with blueberries in there too....

Have a look at this mug...gosh, I really think this style has an interesting future, don't you?  Putting the guys on the side in relief?


(piggy mug by Gary Rith)

 You may need a piggy bank...available now at my etsy shoppe! piggy bank

4 comments:

~ Sil in Corea said...

Good job with the cranberry bread. Sure would like a bite. Just like Penny...LOL!

Yes, the pig in relief on the side is a GREAT thought! :-D

bartster said...

Zilla--like bursting out Mugzilla!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Hooray for cranberries! Next time I would highly encourage the addition of orange zest to the batter. SO tasty! I'm liking this new mug plan with the creatures on the side. Very cool!

smalltownme said...

Now if you did one with a CAT in relieve, you know I would be all over that one.

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.