Gary's Third Pottery Blog

When the going gets tough, dragons gonna get going....

Gary's third pottery blog

WRITE TO ME! garyrith@yahoo.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

party like it's....1990....

(my graduate school ID, I graduated in 1990)

I just saw that today is BACK TO THE FUTURE day... I was not a fan.

BUT I was dreaming last night that the wife and I went back in time to 1990....to a shopping mall. (why do my dreams send me to a shopping mall????)
There was more crime, so a person would be more alert, maybe, than these days.  And the Gap and Banana Republic were big deals, and we were giddy to see them again in their heyday....also a big deal was a very successful bookstore. While I waited for the wife I read a magazine...not an unusual practice even now, but the ONLY option back then.

I have been very fortunate in many things, but do not live in the past and don't want to go back, except I wish I was a nicer and less confused person.  But maybe that is the goal of life:  always try to be nicer and less confused!

Groovy new teapot came out of the kiln Tuesday.  I told you a couple of weeks ago about this decorating scheme....which also came to me in a dream.... have a great Wednesday!


3 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Nice form and the handle is great.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh I just saw the little black/blue spots too! This shape is new to me...but looks close to coffee pot. Not that anyone brews coffee in a pot. Well, maybe they want to serve it in one!

Claudia from Idiot's Kitchen said...

Barbara, there is hope for you coffee purists. Brewing coffee in the pot has become a hip thing again except now they call it a "pour over."

Top pottery blog 2015

2014 winner

Me and Missus Tastycakes

Me and Missus Tastycakes

garyrith.com

ME, the TV interview :)

my etsy gallery

my second blog, 2008-2009

my first blog, 2006-2008

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a full-time studio potter, sculptor, and dog walker, married to superhawt Missus Tastycake.