WRITE TO ME! firstname.lastname@example.org Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, November 1, 2012
applesauce and blueberries in EVERYTHING
(indescribably awesome cookie jar by Gary Rith)
People who know me may not be surprised: I will pretty much each eat blueberries and applesauce all day, its an addiction! Add peanut butter and bread and you have 90 percent of what I like to eat.
(then there is, like, peanut butter sandwich with blueberry jam and apple butter and you sort get it all together in ONE :)
Yesterday I get this boatload of work done and it is cold and miserable and the applesauce supply is low....so I make more, and then I am like "havn't made my favorite APPLESAUCE PIE lately"..so I made a little one.... and, well, I stockpile blueberries in the freezer, from back in July? When it is like 2 bucks a gallon for them? And toss in blueberries to both....gosh, I should share those recipes down below...do you have any idea how great the house smells when you make all this stuff?
BTW, a customer yesterday who is flicking through this blog sees a picture of the stovetop, and my piggy spoon rest there in the pic? And she is like "make me one of those!".
applesauce, so easy:
-dice 7-9 apples, toss in big cook pot with one cup water, half cup sugar, TBS lemon juice, then add spice: ground nutmeg, clove and cinnamon
-boil on high covered then down to low to simmer 20-30 minutes until apples are breaking up and looking apple saucy, stirring often
applesauce pie: (derived from this recipe) it is my FAVORITE pie and it so EASY
1 cup sugar--or a little less
1/2 cup margerine, melted
1 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 9 inch pie crust--I make my own either regular flour or granola
Mix all of the ingredients----if you have berries like blubes or raspberries, toss on a bunch!!!! Even diced apples or peaches if you prefer :)
Pour into a 9" pie shell and bake in a 350 degree oven or 45 minutes
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- small miracle = good omen?
- EEEEK! Or, the dominos click down, one after anoth...
- the ten minute blizzard
- if you want something done, give a task to a busy ...
- time warp Tuesday....the first cat and dog....
- a final word about Boston terriers....
- it is all about the dogs of course....
- not really a dessert guy BUT....
- OUT with the gratitude and back to GREED as usual ...
- that is the only way TURKEY is coming into this ho...
- you will be mine ALL mine....
- time warp Tuesday! "it was 20 years ago today..."
- playing with OTHER PEOPLE'S PUPPIES and KITTENS
- the great adventure....
- keep calm and bake killer brownies....
- CATS and demonic possession....
- speaking of RECIPES...
- a couple more....
- "stunning", can I say that?
- things inside of things
- time warp Tuesday and the last chapter of my teach...
- in which we go to NY city and have a BLAST....
- sin in the city....
- there's an experiment that went well!
- "vets ALWAYS want cats to diet"
- wiggly wallpaper
- victory lap and double fist pump.....
- Time warp Tuesday and more of me teaching....
- setting Alita straight on the whole calzone questi...
- "I didn't buy any pigs today"
- making the pots I have always DREAMED of making
- you probably think I SLACK all day....
- applesauce and blueberries in EVERYTHING
- ▼ November (33)
- ► 2011 (413)
- ► 2010 (616)