WRITE TO ME! email@example.com Come see me! Open studio HERE! November 25-26 (11-4 each day); Aurora Art and Design, daily until 12/24; Cooperstown Art Assoc. daily until 12/24; Ellis Hollow Community Fair, 12/10; December 10, Little Red Wagon at the Space at Greenstar. All material on this blog unless stated otherwise is copyright Gary Edward Rith 2016
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Scary sounds from the
Litter box...smelly kitty
In other news, completed a BOATLOAD of bowls and cups yesterday, pic below of some of them, glazed too. Then I decided THAT IS IT for me and Christmas. I am officially at work on 2012 now. You see, things have to dry, be fired twice, blah blah blah, and I am worn out! Now I will concentrate on the 2 craft fairs I have this weekend and shipping orders...and making the brilliant CAR TEAPOT VERSION 2.0 :)
OK, want an awesome and easy soup recipe? The wife tells me yesterday, and it was flippin' cold and wet and snowy,
"How about soup?" and I am like
"I could warm my hands on the bowl...and in the bowl...." and I made our favorite and simplest soup. We had some Thai curry soup from the store once, and it was AMAAAAAAZING and between our guess at what they did and their ingredients, we figured out to make it ourselves, soooo tasty..... Recipe below *
(some newly made bowls and cups by Gary Rith)
Gary and M's Thai Curry Soup
-cook half cup rice as you normally do, half and half with wild rice if you have it
-saute 2 carrots and several cloves garlic in big soup pot, 5-10 mins
-add 4 cups broth and 2 tbs curry powder, boil then reduce heat and simmer
-when rice is nearing completion in its pot, add one cup frozen peas to broth mix
-when rice finishes, toss in with soup, raise heat until boiling again, and you are DONE.
--spoon soup into bowls, top each with a handful of slivered almonds (I had to use walnuts yesterday, still yummy) and raisens
The original from Friends.... and the souped up video...
- ► 2016 (324)
- ► 2015 (358)
- ► 2014 (361)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (416)
- thinking of new year's resolutions is hard when yo...
- I am not a neatnik....
- couldn't get to sleep last night....because....
- Introducing Rumpole and Winnie, or what were you d...
- hot stuff going on here......
- its like Christmas day...on Christmas day!
- 3:10 am--who is that on our roof??? Squirrels inva...
- 19 years married today and the most romantic gift ...
- giving it up for Bella: blood and Jingle Bells!
- zombie squirrels on crack.....
- of cats and creamers...
- "if you're not dead, you have more options"
- zebras YES, horses, maybe not.....
- gettin' Chrismassy :)
- my own PERSONAL STONEHENGE and hawt date with the ...
- Spike goes with Le Chapeau...
- probably the cutest thing you have ever seen in yo...
- comfort food for VEGANS and GLUTEN INTOLERANT
- le secrets!
- the aftermath....
- like I was saying.....
- come see me!
- the usual.....
- frog tea!
- giraffes and elephants!
- disgusting and despicable :)
- there be dragons!
- of orders and patterns....
- its my cat in a box!
- stack of cake stands....
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2010 (616)